Ladies on a Journey

Friday, February 16, 2007

Those Who 'Walk in Faith'



On this day at Bible study we invited Kristy Hales to come. We all felt like she and Mike are great models for us as we go through this particular Bible study. She is experiencing first hand the stages of walking in faith. And we all know that they are not always pleasant. We prayed with her. With thanked God for her and asked Him to protect her from the obstacles that would make her doubt and not trust God who has called her to their journey. Please continue to pray for them and encourage them. What about you? Do you know that 'walking by faith' is not always easy or pleasant? Can you share with us how the blessings of following Christ far outweighs the struggles you may experience?

2 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2007 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, what big shoes to fill! The further I get into this issue of "becoming a missionary", the more inadequate I know I am. It's only God working in us that makes us able to do anything at all. Mike and I are not perfect nor do we claim to have all this stuff together; but we do know that we choose to walk by faith and obey God. At times, it would be easier to not do that. We struggle and we fail more often than we can count. Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning. We know that in the end, it will be worth it. That if we do not focus on ourselves but focus on Him, the blessings will be sweet.

    Isn't it true that the things that are hardest in life (relationships, sacrifices for successes, working hard for anything) bring us the sweetest reward? If we don't have to give up anything, then is it really worth it? Right now, I'm daily giving up "myself" I guess you could say. It's hard, there's been challenges I never dreamed but I'm telling you it is possilbe. This book was written for me and we are doing it at this time for me :) - it has been a life boat. Staying in scripture about faith has also been my rock and the way I make it. Praying has also morphed into something much more than ever before for me. God is so true. In my core, I know that. He wants to be true for each of us. Friends have lifted us up, encouraged and prayed over us. It means more than you will ever know. Thanks for calling me over on a day that I have needed prayers and encouragement (and new bags) more than before.

    I can't wait for ya'll to get further in the book cause I can't remember the details of where you're at. I'm praying for you right now. I hope all of you find a great adventure in your faith walk!

    Kristy

     
  • At February 03, 2008 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home